Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the thread "Clave/Demo Observations Riveraddict brought up casting in adverse/windy conditions which caused me to think back to something that happened to me a few years ago fishing the Stilly. I was fishing a famed run on that river in the late afternoon and was fighting a strong up river wind. To cast against this strong wind I was dropping my cast down to the side, almost side arming it if you will, and throwing the line a few feet above the water surface. One cast I made was a bit to close to the water and the line hit the water mid cast but instead of stopping the cast the line "skipped" for lack of a better term. The best thing I can use to illustrate what happened it was just like skipping a rock across the surface of the water. I spent a good portion of the rest of my time that evening attempting to duplicate skipping or bouncing the line off the water during the cast and was successful a few times in doing so. Have any others here ever performed a skip or bounce cast?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Does off the back of my head count? :Eyecrazy:

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
I've never tried it with a two hander but I use it regularly while streamer fishing for trout with a one handed rod. You know those fishy looking spots that have low hanging branches? Just "skip" a cast right under them to get in the door of the trout condo...

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
It doesn't matter what it hit's just as long as it hits something and then lands where you want it. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
heck!!!

this thread even `made' me go fishing,,just one of those days :( , and i finished it with a huge smile :D ,i guess i'm so stuck on trying to hit the `stones' i needed a `lighter' outlook on things,hee hee,,,`does the back of your head count',,toooo much!,with a leadwrapped `bug' ;yes!,,it does :hihi:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts