Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1993 the SSBC produced a short film on the plight of Skeena Steelhead and Skeena salmonids in general. The same issues exist today with the addition of a few more such as IPPs, aquaculture and big tubes and boats filled with petro-chemicals.

·
Banned
904 Posts
We know about the issues. We have already seen good conservation films.

So what do we do to make a difference?

In my view the roots of the problems are somewhere below:

1. Population growth
2. Population growth
3. Population growth

So how do you tell this government (or the next) to reduce the consumption of oil, timber, water, fish, ore and minerals? How do you tell them that what they do only helps the Chinese increase their population thus further increasing demand for and pressure on natural resources?

They will start their usual game, promising jobs and prosperity to the huge number of unemployed to justify the next "prosperity project" or mine. Behind the scene they will quickly import 500,000 unemployed immigrants, give half of the promised jobs to Chinese under the temporary work program and there you go. They are again ready to pursue the next destructive pipeline or mine. This is how it has been going year after year for many years!

How do you change anything when no minister or premier is ever held responsible?

If you cannot put those people where they belong, it is a lost cause. Fish as much as you can and wait for the end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts