Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of planning we me and my dad have decided that we should brave the cold (kinda -6:chuckle:) and spend a week and a half in Terrace on the upcoming Christmas lonnnnnnnng weekend(19 dec-6 jan).If the weather dosen`t cooperate with us (Snow storms and such) the adventure might not succeed but other than that no problem.I will probably bring/buy lot`s of big intuders,poscicles and other steelhead flies.We will probably drive to Smithers than spend a night there than drive along the Skeena to Terrace.If i find a nice run along the highway my dad won`t mind if i do couple casts(60000000:chuckle:) before we arrive in Terrace where we will stay then have a look around town and if i have time do a couple casts at Ferry island.
The next few days we will explore the tribs(Copper,Kalum) and more spots to see if i can catch my first legendary steelhead.

If anyone has any advice regarding flies,spots and other feel free to give me a pm.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
The skeena is closed between Smithers and Terrace from December 31st onward and will likely be slush ice, Kalum is a little warmer and will be fishable. Check the regs as to the dates and where is fishable. Have Fun!
Cheers
Sam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts