Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to peoples plans this year on the Skeena with the First Nations closures (or declaration of river closure to sportfishing). Those with booked trips with guides, what have you been told?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm booked for Babine and Sustut... I trust thats so remote, nobody will complain ;)

Ps: Were there any issues with the spring steelhead season?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I've heard nothing. At this stage, one would think something, or some rumors would be circulating. All I've heard is a little "blurp" from the Province saying to avoid conflict on the river in Gitzsan territory. All these lodges and guiding outfits in the traditional territory of the Gitzsan, are they making under the table deals to get their clients on the river? There is literally millions of $ at stake here. I cant really see the guiding community just folding up for the season. So, do tell!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm planning my annual trip up there for around the beginning of october like normal, but have also been curious what will come of the first nations closure statement.

I am hoping that the FN closure statement is more in regards to salmon season when they are more active on the river and competing with rec anglers for spots and fish and that it will be as usual come fall when most off the salmon are past.

Any info to help with planning is much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts