Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for skwala patterns for skating this spring...I know some Bitterroot guys look around on the Pages. I have a quigley skwala pattern but hope that there is some original stuff out there-N8

·
I only have 2 hands
176 Posts
Imagining a dark olive Rouge Foam pattern with a black hackle collar to keep it from diving on the drag. Black sharpie for the egg sack at the butt end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Skawala Skater

Have you looked at Sofa Pillows or Stimulators with short divided black tails, light olive bodies, black backs, black or slate gray wings and a black hackle or spun black deer hair hackles?

------ Drennan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Skating Skawalas

Other patterns we might consider are Harry Lemire's "Greased Liner", Bill McMillian's "Steelhead Caddis" and the Muddler. At the end of the hatch you might try traditional spey flies with slate gray dyed oak mottled turkey or teal flank feathers. All in Skawala colors. Will add to your fun!

---- Drennan

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flies

Other patterns we might consider are Harry Lemire's "Greased Liner", Bill McMillian's "Steelhead Caddis" and the Muddler. At the end of the hatch you might try traditional spey flies with slate gray dyed oak mottled turkey or teal flank feathers. All in Skawala colors. Will add to your fun!

---- Drennan
I like the sound of that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts