Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already been preparing for summer! Been tying my foam skaters on a pretty consistent basis, but I'm getting cleaned out with an nice order from a friend. I'm flattered that my friend likes my fly enough to order a large quantity of them. I'm getting close to completing this order, just took a couple pics of my progress:

Attachments

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,706 Posts
There must be pills

For this a serious addiction

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matt:
Ha! A size 12 march brown skater..... let me see what I can come up with. with this mild weather, I think some early MBs are already out, see any on your homewater??

Kevin:
Thanks, you have some crazy skills!

Bill:
Indeed, the mild winter weather is enjoyable and makes winter steel to the surface a reasonable possibility! A double dosage of happy pills would be in order for a guy like me.

Todd

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Great reads going on here.

I've already been preparing for summer! Been tying my foam skaters on a pretty consistent basis, but I'm getting cleaned out with an nice order from a friend. I'm flattered that my friend likes my fly enough to order a large quantity of them. I'm getting close to completing this order, just took a couple pics of my progress:
Be sure to hit 808's blog spot. One fun read after another! Good On you!

Fred

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Understatement for the early morning.

Double the dosage!!!

Great stuff, Todd! Enjoy the lack of winter out there!

-Bill
I gotta get some of 'those pills,' or at least beg and plead he will send me a couple of those flies. Ah yes, the winter that didn't happen. Amazing to be in mid-Feb and actually have an afternoon (my place) where it ticked to 72 degrees in the shade.

One of my electronic temp units was in direct sun and reading 105.4!!!! :whoa: As these things are accurate down to one tenth of a degree I'll take its word for it.

For context, when you (or I) had vineyards know/recording the temperatures day to day was a 'must.' Here the only 'spray work' you did was just Sulfer, but how often? Too often was just a waste of money, too few could cause another set of problems. Had 5 of these things in different place over the 28.5 acres and the difference from one place to another could be as much as three degrees.

Three doesn't sound like much but when you ran that through this cool formula I found it could make a heck of a difference as you added up the 'numbers.' The 'collective' number "1" got me on the tractor with a 100 gallon tank hanging off the back end at day break... with dead still air to keep the neighbors happy.

fae

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Todd's Summer's Hope looks juicy in the water, even in winter. I had a fish role below me yesterday and climbed back up to the truck to get my 11'3 6 wt summer set up. Covered that fish well, popping the Hope over the lie.

Didn't get him...but I sure thought I would.

Such is the power of the Summer's Hope.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Super sweet skaters right there! Got to fondle some while my girlfriend and I were out with Mia a couple weeks back... Thanks for the SBS on your Blog!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts