Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone casting a Skagit Max on this rod, the Burkie 7134? I know CFB suggest the Airflo Compact Skagit 540 (25'). I'm not sure which Rio line would be best, Skagit Max 525 (23')? Skagit Max 550 (23')? Skagit Max Long?

Seems like the 550 might have too many grains per foot in the back of the head being two feet shorter than the Airflo version. I hate overloading Burkheimer rods!

Thanks in advance! And yes, I know, I could just order the Airflo Compact, but what fun would that be...

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm not sure on Rio lines but the 520 sa skagit extreme is an excellent match for that rod it will cast whatever you need it to.
Tyler

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure on Rio lines but the 520 sa skagit extreme is an excellent match for that rod it will cast whatever you need it to.
Tyler
Thank you tyfish. Good to know. 520 grains at 23' works!

·
Registered
246 Posts
the 525 Skagit max would be better on that rod. I am throwing the 540 on it now, and there are times where I think it is a bit heavy.

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the 525 Skagit max would be better on that rod. I am throwing the 540 on it now, and there are times where I think it is a bit heavy.
Thanks Japple!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts