Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering what the heck is a skagit line do you make them or are they sold if you make them how would you make one for a tfo 12'6" 8 wt rod thanks again and tight lines brrownie1013 <'}}}}}}>~~~~~<

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
I believe RIO is setting up to have them available for sale on Monday. Simon mentioned that while he was inundated with people at his signing. If I remember correctly, 27' and 700 something grains??? Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

Search the archive and you will find plenty on the skagit line and techiniques to make and cast them.

Vinnie

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you

attach the sinking section to the tip of your main line thanks and good luck and tight lines brownie1013
<'}}}}}}}>~~~~~< :smokin:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even better

i just noticed what i bought today it is a coil pack of t-14 from rio the guy i talked to told me kevin feenstra ? use this and that was what i needed instead of buying a new line like i did oh buy the way i bought a royal wulff line a tt8 sink tip for salmon now i have two lines thanks for telling me he also told me to put on loop connectors and whip them on whith g tying thread stinking thing even came whith a cutting chart i guess i should save this for if i have to buy more t-14 any ways totaly thanks and good luck and tight lines brownie1013
<'}}}}}}>~~~~~< :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The new skagit lines by Rio will be 27 foot heads without any sink tip attached. They will be looped for adding tips and have a running line so are full lines. I believe from what I read that the 7/8 is 450 grains and the 8/9 is 550 grains.

You can use your t-14 and cut it into varying head lengths and put loops on them to loop directly to the end of the skagit line. Or you an use any of the pre-made tips available

If you want one now you could try and find a windcutter with tips and take out tip 2 and add your tips directly to the loop. Not sure which WC you would need to give you enough grains once you remove tip 2 to load your rod but likely one of the heaviest they make

1 - 6 of 6 Posts