Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting the Sage 6126 before it is officially discontinued - was throwing one beloning to a friend and wondered what others think for a skagit set up on this rod.

I tried the WC 9/10/11 body (24' plus a 15 foot tip) and liked it quite a bit - has anyone tried the 450 Skagit? A bit more grains

Thanks

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
450 Skagit works. Rio OB WF 11 Floater works better

Rick J said:
Thinking of getting the Sage 6126 before it is officially discontinued - was throwing one beloning to a friend and wondered what others think for a skagit set up on this rod.

I tried the WC 9/10/11 body (24' plus a 15 foot tip) and liked it quite a bit - has anyone tried the 450 Skagit? A bit more grains

Thanks
Last year I used the 450 Skagit with my 6126, and it works and does a great job with the Rio 12' Sinking Leaders and a 15' Steelhead leader. I tried a sample group of WC's without the tips and never felt that they loaded either my 6126 nor my 5120 adequately.

Late last year and early this year thanks to you, I got into the OBs. Simon helped me to balance my 6126 at the Speyorama with the OB WF 11 Floater. That is a better match than the Skagit 450 for Skagit casting or the MS 7/8 or WC 678 for regular Spey Casting.

The OB has eliminated any need for my Skagit's, MS's or WC's with either my 6126 or 5120. This makes life a lot easier. One reel, one line and a selection of Rio's 7' and 12' Salmon leaders in one leader wallet does it with a couple of the 15' Steelhead leaders for dry line work instead of 2 reels and spools with the various lines.

One of our N. California Board Members, Henning, has a new 6126 for sale. Contact him and maybe we could meet here in Napa and let you try his 6126 and my OB 11 Floater, or OB 10 Floater or my Skagit 450.

Below is Henning's classified listed here:

http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=23647

1 - 2 of 2 Posts