Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Spey Hack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GH and Mar Lodge tied a while ago but never got around to posting them. I got the inspiration from another post here cant remember who. He also tied silver doctors which Ive been meaning to do. Winter is almost over east coasters!

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
super work, only detail that miffs me a bit is the tails. get those slung a bit lower and use more full feathers and these are so spot on.

·
Spey Hack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, Riley!!!
You tie awesome classics!!!!
Really showing your range in styles & skill!!
Look froward to seeing more!!!
Epecially some of those wicked esox flies!!!
Good stuff!
I sometimes laugh at the fact that in the summer I only fish a fast action 10wt and a glass 3wt. NY state is a wonderfully diverse fishery and I like to think that shows in my tying. Thnaks all for the kind words. These were tied quickly for fishing purpases. I am considering a full run of size two classics for a cool framed selection. Maybe a 3x3 mount (9 flies ) The 3/0s are really works of art but size 2 is a lot of fun plus materials are much easier to find!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You have come a long way very quickly Riley! I would say I agree with Matt but with the way the tails on my last few flies look I have no room to talk!!

·
Spey Hack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have come a long way very quickly Riley! I would say I agree with Matt but with the way the tails on my last few flies look I have no room to talk!!
Its half needing to order another GP head and half pure not caring. These bad boys are 100% for fishing and just happened to make the cut for social media ha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts