Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there have probably been alot of posts on this subject. i have a 9/10 short head sa for my 9140 loop blue. i was wondering if anyone had any experience with poly leaders with this rod and line or just the line. did you have to cut back the line to use the poly leaders. i have poly leaders in 14 ft in extra fast sinking and fast sinking and one in 10 ft. how long of leader do use on a poly leader. i was thinking a 4 ft leader?

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Scott,

3'-4' leader is good. I have never used a poly leader. If you use rio tips or make your own out of t14 you will have to cut your line back. Brian Simonseth would be a good one to ask. He has messed around alot with the SA short. He is usually down at Speybum's on Sat. mornings.

Kevin

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
You should be fine throwing poly leaders without the line cut back. Should throw pretty easily.

For real tips I have mine cut back at 14' and it just launches t14. Have put 17' on for fun and it still turns it over. The short spey is a great line.

-sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.