Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked Simon Gawesworth to keep us informed of his schools and clinics. RIO has a page on this:

Simon's Spey Schools

and Simon has just emailed me with this update:

I am teaching a spey school in the great lakes area in August. The dates are 3/4 August and there are two one day classes. The school is for Schmidt Outfitters in Wellston, Michigan and the phone number is 231-848-4191.

Thanks, Simon!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think there is also one on Michigan's Big Manistee river for a couple of days the last week of August. Just saw that on another michigan fly shops web site.

Heres the info on the school. It is on the Big Manistee river and being sponsored by Schmidt Outfitters. Good time since the salmon will be starting to run the river around that time, so you also swing some speys for them !

Everyone knows Simon Gawesworth as one of the worlds best Spey casters and instructors. Simon is part of RIO's team members and this program is partly sponsored by RIO.

This program has two separate parts, but you can enroll in both. Saturday, August 24th is a all day "introduction to spey casting" and Sunday, August 25th is a all day "advanced spey casting" program.

The cost for the schools is $200.00 per school, both days $400.00. If you stay with us at our lodge, double occupancy, that cost is $40.00 per night (lodging) and $33.00 per day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We would recommend staying at our lodge to get in on the evening BS (you know).

These schools will sell out fast as we are only taking 10 per school! Call us for a reservation. A non-refundable deposit of $100.00 is required for a spot in each program. 1.888.221.9056

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Hi PM

The dates have been changed from the 24th August school to the 3/4 August. My wife is expecting a baby at the end of August, so I had to change my dates.

I spoke to Ray today about the school and he says that both days are fully booked now.

Thanks for your mention and help Dana.

Tight lines and big bellies!
Simon

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes the web site posting was a little confusing you could read it both ways, at first I read it Aug 3rd and 4th. To bad I missed it looks like I will be out west fishing that week for trout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts