Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice Review Dana, I agree quality book whick put somethings into prespective for me. This is a must buy!

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Hi Dana

I must thank you for such a wonderful review.

I feel humbled by your writing skills and would have loved to have read a book on spey casting by you. You have an incredible talent. I still hope you bring a book out. With your ability it would be superb.

Thanks you for the very kind words. I don't know what to say. That is some of the nicest stuff I have heard and I am surprised that you have given the book such a good review. I must admit the book turned out better than I thought, all due to the skills of the publisher, the photographer and Greg Pearson. I have a large debt to these people for turning my ramblings into such a nice tome.

There is plenty missing from the book, stuff I forgot and stuff I have learnt since I had to hand the finished manuscript in back in September 2003. I daren't read the book myself as I am sure I will notice the large holes of forgotten material and just get frustrated.

Thank you for the review, and thank you to all those that have put up kind words about it. The spey community is a great place and with some very fine characters.

:)

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
201 Posts
I must agree that both the book and the review are excellent.

The book is very well laid-out and I am finding it extremely helpful. It is easily the most useful text I have found on spey casting, and one of the best fly casting books I have ever seen.

Lefty also told me that he thought it was excellent.

When is the DVD going to be available Simon?????

How did you ever convince Stackpole to publish so many LARGE color pictures?? Wouldn't be the same book without them.......

Jay Horton

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Not just a book, it's the Spey bible.

thank you Simon!

·
Hatcreek
3 Posts
Simon's new book

The book is a wonderful teaching tool and, in my opinion, the best work on spey casting by far. Great job Simon, John C. Till GGACC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts