Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

How is the quality on the Simms Gore-Tex Bootfoot Waders (the moddel was out on the market in 2003 and is still in the simms product range) ?

I have tow palls how bought this waders in the fall of 2003 i Sweden. They boath did leak after a few days on many places. After thaht my home dealer dont what to sell them any more. But still Simms have them in the range, they cant be thaht bad?!

ThigtLines

·
Registered
445 Posts
Jacob.........I have a pair of Simms bootfoots, they are not insulated, right? I have been very happy with mine...you could use them 9 months out of the year. I even hunt ducks with them in the early season. Once it gets below freezing, it is time for something warmer. I've had mine 2 years and no problem.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jacob

A friend of mine bought a pair last season. He had the same problem, in that they leaked within the first few outings.

He also had problems getting simms to replace them. They thought he should have made the effort to do a DIY job in them. A £380 set of waders. I think not. :tsk_tsk:

Anyway, he eventually got the replacment early this season, once again they leaked on the first outing.

I am planning going back to the good old PVC waders, as I am havin similar problems finding a reliable pair of breathables.

I feel the industry is ever so slightly ripping the customer off with breathables.

Gordon

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hodgman

I have Hodgman "Wadelite" breathables--I bought both pairs about 2 years ago and they developed many holes in the neoprene booties. I repaired them with 3-M Ultraflex wader repair. They continued to develop new holes--I called Hodgman, sent them back, they were replaced with "no questions asked!" and the new ones are great :)!! I think I was treated very well by Hodgman!! Also, they are relatively inexpensive to purchase as compared to some other brands.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm

Simms still have them in the program after 2 years. If a product dosent work, how can they still have them in the program?

·
Registered
34 Posts
mjyp said:
Rumor has it Simms will be putting out a G3 bootfoot this fall.

It may be worth the wait.
The Simms rep told me the same thing ...................in '02! They're soo lite I can't even feel 'em. LOL

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
Jacob-
I've had the boot foot breathables for two years now and have not experienced anything negative. They seem to be a reliable and well built wader. I've also had nothing but great service from Simms and will continue to do business with them. Check out their website, I beleive they make a new model with boots that have a few more features as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jacob,
I fished all winter in a pair of them and thought that my feet were warmer in them then any previous waders that I had used. I was impressed by the boots. They are well insulated and the neoprene sides along the ankle gave me better footing. They are more flexible and I don't feel like I have my feet in a pair of stove pipes. No leaks yet.

Link

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.