Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rod to rod comparison between a T&T 15/3 or 15/5 and a Sage 10151-4. I am interested in hearing comments from someone who owns one or perhaps both of these rods. Besides the number of pieces, are they quite similiar ?

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
The T&T and Sage are much different rods. I own the T&T 1510-3 (the 5 piece is almost identical in action and power) and have cast the Sage many times (a friend has one that he broke 3 times already casting it). The T&T's are much faster rods with a lot more power than the Sage, which is more a medium action rod. They both use the same lines (9/10 spey lines); however, the T&T has a lot more butt strength and power than the Sage; it is also an easy casting rod provided you like fast rods.

The Sage is a nice casting medium action rod; however, it does not have the same power or strength in the butt as the T&T's. The Sage has a history of breakage during casting, although I understand that Sage has changed the blank to address this problem.

In my opinion, the T&T is hands down better than the Sage. However, you must also know that I have a very strong preference for fast rods, and the T&T's are a fast rod.

If you are looking for a medium action rod, look at the CND Custom Salar or the Loop Blue Series both of which have more power than the Sage without the history of rod breakage the Sage has.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts