Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

got your attention, here we go.

me and the posse' met up this morning. jamey was ready to go when i arrived at 0645. i get all set-up and sva01 arrives. sva01 gets ready while we bs and i show this new fly i'm pimping out. it's an articulated skagit minnow that i have made some prototypes with, and i finally settled on the final design. anyways, i hand it to jamey, he checks it out, then i hand it to sva01. he ties it to his leader! i'm flattered, because this cat has boxes full of ties. what did i learn?

lesson learned. don't hand a fly to someone setting up. you may not get it back!

you know what, that's OK. i have another 1/2 dozen final prototypes ready for shipping. i'll post a pix of the flies (bugs) later.

Gary

BTW, jamey had the take and a jumper this morning, swinging, baby!!!!!

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
full disclosure...

For the record; the fly was returned to it's owner and creator after today's fishing session! Not to say that I won't pilfer one next time though!:razz: I had one good grab with that fly so I think that you owe me one for doing field testing for you.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
I grabbed one for myself out of your flybox when SVA had your attention stealing the first one :razz: . You gotta pay better attention bud. We hook up again tomorrow maybe I can get another one, haven't had much time to tie lately, pilfering yours is way easier too.

You know I'm kidding.

Same time same place tomorrow?

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the flies catch GL fish

not what i was targeting today in 48F water, but, hey, he slammed the skagit minnow. funny story, the first pass thru he nipped it, no hook set. the fourth pass thru he gave 2 tugs, again no hook set. the fifth pass thru he slammed it hard, i thought it was fresh steel. surprise!

Gary

Attachments

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Haven't seen one of those in a while. I got down there about noon, had some luck on the walkway, won't go into details here.

I was Home Depot the other day getting some hardware, spotted some cotter keys with round eyes that looked like they would be great for those extended body flies, cheap also. Going back tomorrow, may give it a try.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Skagit Minnow

I have been using a version of the skagit minnow for about two years now. Works extremely well on steelhead, salmon, smallies, pike, muskies.........etc. You get the idea....... Steelhead season here has pretty much grinded to a halt, but the smallie fishing has been spectacular this spring.................. Now for the carp. :Eyecrazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts