1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks killer - very shrimpy.

Trevally, Permit, Bonefish???

Have a good trip.
Not 100% sure what all species but there may be a chance at a rooster.

Looks great to me to Dan - Im no expert at saltwater tying but if I may offer one suggestion is to go a little sparser on this pattern.

Have a great trip!
You are correct. It turned out a bit "thicker" than anticipated.

Looks good to me ... I haven't the slightest about saltwater stuff.
Try tying one in pink ... every fish likes a pink worm :D:D

Mike
I don't know if I have this stuff in pink. But yes, pink.

Dan

·
Registered
554 Posts
Make sure you post some pics when you get back Dan!

PS - I have seen some blogs with guys using switch rods in Hawaii. Looks like a ton of fun and great way to cover water. R u bringing any 2handers?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
That looks pretty shrimpy!! Are you going to be single hand casting that lead eyed beast? You could tie that in a brownish tone with some rubber legs and do some serious damage.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Good looking fly!

When I fished for bonefish in Cuba, my guide gave me this tip:
If you know ahead of time which beach you're going to fish, check out the color of the sand on Google Earth...and tie some shrimp up matching the bottom color.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Make sure you post some pics when you get back Dan!

PS - I have seen some blogs with guys using switch rods in Hawaii. Looks like a ton of fun and great way to cover water. R u bringing any 2handers?
I'll be using single handers from the beach mostly. An 8wt and a 10wt.

Nice looking fly, should work.
Grew up fishing the salt, might want
to try a few with mono weed guards.
Good Luck !!
Not much in the way of weed around. I'll be in Playa Del Coco on the Pacific coast and it gets deep fast. Going to look into hiring a boat for some inshore stuff.

Good looking fly!

When I fished for bonefish in Cuba, my guide gave me this tip:
If you know ahead of time which beach you're going to fish, check out the color of the sand on Google Earth...and tie some shrimp up matching the bottom color.
Great tip!

Dan

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see some "tan" versions like these floating around Google.

Mike
That looks pretty shrimpy!! Are you going to be single hand casting that lead eyed beast? You could tie that in a brownish tone with some rubber legs and do some serious damage.
I'm definitely going to try some tan colours and maybe some bead chain instead of lead eyes. Thanks guys.

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
diggin the upturned hook, it'll bounce on the bottom with less snaggin. the grizz will undulate like pincers nicely in the water!

Reactions: eriefisher
1 - 16 of 16 Posts