Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I feel like someone pimped me out. I was checking out some fly gear catalogs and i came across a "hot new fly" called the voodoo leech. Looks and sounds like the original voodoofly created by yours truly. Compare the two and tell me what you think.

What will be in the catalog next year? A ghetto caster's outdoor clothing line? I can just imagine the possibilities!

G out.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
not just your voodoo

it and some intruders are in at least 2 different catalogs i've seen, and i don't normally look at fly selections.... also a rash of MOAL imitations this year. i guess it's good times to be a yuppie catalog shopper- could actually get good imitations of good flies. :Eyecrazy: :D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Nah!!!

The original is much better. Actually, there is not much new under the sun. Someone has already done most things before we try them and find they work.

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
the voodoo leech as you see in the catalog was first tied by tyler palmerton of or. (once a scott and maui jim rep).

it is nothing more then an articulated rabbit leech with some marabou and ribbed with some polar chenille. i will say, it does catch fish.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Ryan,

I don't know when Tyler Palmerton started tying his; but Don Kaas of Port Angeles and I (when I lived there) started tying marabou spiders with bunny leech length tails, a short section of palmered cross-cut bunny strip, and several colors of marabou wrapped spider style, along with Krystal Flash to produce a more dense appearing fly that had some action even when in frog water. We were doing this back in 1991-1993. Granted we weren't tying it as an articulated leech; but we could have. Neither were we trying to become known as the originators of a fly design, we simply had a need for a fly that had some action in frog water that this fly solved. We also figured someone else had come up with the same solution in a fly for the same problem.

As has been mentioned by many folks, many times, there is really very little new in fly design because chances are someone somewhere has already tied flies of the same design.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
What will be in the catalog next year? A ghetto caster's outdoor clothing line? I can just imagine the possibilities!
I'm working on that already. A fur trimmed G-string with the "GC" logo on the front and the Founders emblem across the back. I'm think pastel purple, chartreuse, and pink will be the hot selling colors.

When you come in late from Founders, I mean the river, and she is tapping her foot one of the above might smooth things over:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :lildevl:

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
MJC said:
A fur trimmed G-string with the "GC" logo on the front and the Founders emblem across the back. I'm think pastel purple, chartreuse, and pink will be the hot selling colors.

When you come in late from Founders, I mean the river, and she is tapping her foot one of the above might smooth things over:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :lildevl:

Poppy-
I look forward to seeing the models, umm, I mean prototypes, or maybe I do mean models...
Either way, I'm sure that Gary will be sporting one under his waders next summer.

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yo Seth

i'll be sporting a new designer "sock" for wet wading this summer. And you don't buy it in a pair. LOL

G

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
voodoofly said:
i'll be sporting a new designer "sock" for wet wading this summer. And you don't buy it in a pair. LOL

G
Just buy the pair, I'll go in halvzies, we can split them up.

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
voodoofly said:

G
Too funny! I've got quite the visual right now. Are those socks going to be available from a sponsor shop? Maybe you should just cut the legs off your waders so that you have a true pair of "breathables."

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
sva01 said:
Too funny! I've got quite the visual right now. Are those socks going to be available from a sponsor shop? Maybe you should just cut the legs off your waders so that you have a true pair of "breathables."

There you go, wader shorts, everybody will be wearing them by the spring of '07.

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
Do you still have that old pair of Patagonias that you were going to replace? I think that those would work well for the r&d process.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
sva01 said:
Do you still have that old pair of Patagonias that you were going to replace? I think that those would work well for the r&d process.

Replace????? another coat of Aquaseal and I'll get another 5 years out of them.

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yo mjyp

you heard of the saying, never bring a knife to a gun fight.

remember we have CCW in Michigan.

G

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey

we're the good guys.

that sleep remark got me re-thinking this whole cabin thing

previously i was only worried about jamey's farts and rambo's snoring

:) :) :)

take care

Gary

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.