Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I,m looking for a running line to hook up to my Guideline Spey P/Taper S3/4 full sink . I see Gudeline has LRL/GL and FS lines, without any clear ( for me) indication of the practical differences, other than the oval character of the FS. Would appreciate any advice on choices including other lines that work well. Main application is big river 10/11 and a secondary use in lake surf with a different lighter DH overhead shooting head/rod rig .

ty

Will

·
Registered
149 Posts
Guideline shooting lines

The LRL is a coated shooting line while the other types from Guideline are mostly monofilament/flatbeam types. So the first you should do is to decide if you want the coated or the monfilament/flat beam type of shooting line. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages. For sinking lines I generally prefer the mono types.

I like the FS shooting line by far the best of those monofilament types. A problem with many of these lines are that they are coiling very much esp in cold weather/water. The FS is one of the "deadest" I ever saw. It also seem to be rather longlived - another problem with this type of shooting line. One short season and they are curled like h...

Good luck.

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Choices

The mono line from Guidelines is great. The LRL stuff is amazing. For a PVC type line it is tiny, has no memory, and never tangles. I use the .028 for most applications and the .034 in other cases. I love the stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts