Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes clear intermediate 38-40' shooting heads in 8 wt, 9 wt, 10 wts? Looking for both cold and warm formulations, don't need to be the same brand.

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can't seem to find them on their website

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
matt is correct, they make a line called the forty plus ex. distance for the single hand rods, however, they work well on two handers as well. i use the 40+ 9 wt on Meisers 1356 and it is great combination. they make a floating, intermediate and sinking lines.

vinnie

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want heads, not lines

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Checked out Rajeffs site and it looks like the old shooting heads have been discontinued. They used to have them in 28' ,35' and 45' lengths. Seems to have been replaced by the 'Tactical' shooting head which is only 30' long. That is a shame if true. The 40 plus lines will most likely be rockets on your rod though. They are nice.

however the old shooting head chart is still up:

http://www.rajeffsports.com/headspecs.php

So maybe they are still avail. Call a sponsor who stocks Airflo to see what is up...

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Airflo 45' Intermediate heads

While there may some dealers around that have them Rajeff Sports is out of any 45' intermediate heads except for a couple 11wts.

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 5 Airflo clear intermediate lines of different weights and formulations, great lines, but if heads aren't available I won't be chopping $60 lines to suit.

This airflo issue is exactly why I posted my question - back to square 1.

Are there any other makers of longish clear intermediate heads, perhaps Euro companies with which I am vastly less familiar?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Yep I am pretty sure guideline and vision make heads that would do what you need. However they are at least $70us for the guidelines and the visions are nowhere to be found around these parts.

Not sure where to go from there as rio and sas are short.

-sean

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
o_clarki_clarki said:
i use the 40+ 9 wt on Meisers 1356 and it is great combination. they make a floating, intermediate and sinking lines.
vinnie

Hey, I've been thinking of trying that line as a shooting head/sink tip set up on that rod. I like having the integrated running line. Have you weighed the head? I've been using the Loop Quattro and it works pretty nicely @51' and 575 grains. The rod handles it very nicely.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Yeah, I wish Rajeff or Airflo would post the grain weights on ALL of their lines (all mfgs for that matter). If you find out the gr. weight of that head let me know. Thanks.

SSPey, I only know of heads with integrated running lines (like the Rio and SA striper and tropical lines) other than the Airflo heads that used to be produced. I don't know about Loop, I know they have a bunch of different heads, not sure if they'd have what you're looking for.

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Word has it there may be one or two spare heads at the Muskegan Clave.
Speyladdie :smokin:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
I have 2 Monic 2 hand prototype lines that we are testing. They are supposed to be coming out with a redesigned spey line soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts