Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be interested in recomendations on shooting heads for this rod. I casted it at the Spey Clave last year with a "secret" shooting head that was "in development" from Winston. It was the line Andre Scholz was shooting in one of his demos (orange head w/ light blue thin dia running line). I did very well with that line right from the start even though I was a beginner. I have the rod now, and contacted Winston, but they will shed no light on this secret shooting combo. So I would greatly appreciate recommendations for this rod. thank you...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Shooting heads

I would definitely contact Deschutes Angler and try a Vision Ace shooting head. Don't know your rod, but the Vision heads run light, so probably a
9/10 or even 10/11 Vision will be right for it. If backcast room is an issue where you fish, use a heavier head to make up for the restricted D loop. Great lines!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shooting heads - also recommend the Irish Angler

The Irish Angler provided me some really interesting advice on shooting heads and excellent perspectives. I would also recommend contacting him - details are provided on the speypages sponsor list.

Speystudent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts