Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not 100% clear on the rules of posting this but I’m not monetizing or making money off of it in anyway.
I got way out of my comfort zone and decided to start a podcast on my favorite topic “dry line steelhead” and was lucky enough to have what I consider 4 great guests agree to participate and talk fishing with me. Episode 1 features Bruce Kruk and his fine and far off fishing style. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
18,651 Posts
That was very enjoyable Steve!!
I really liked listening to you and Bruce chat about dry line techniques.
Not much on the subject as you mentioned.

Mike

·
Registered
709 Posts
These are my favorite kind of shameless plugs. Can’t wait to listen!
Ps... there can never be too many fly fishing podcasts ... especially good ones focused on dry line steelheading!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thank you all for the positive feedback! I was a bit nervous how this would be received. I’m currently editing episode 2 featuring Todd Hirano

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a quick update as I don’t want to risk promoting too much. There have since been 3 more episodes added after the first with Bruce Kruk
Episode 2: Todd Hirano
Episode 3: Adrian Cortes
Episode 4: Mike Papais
I’ve learned so much information in speaking with these gentlemen, thanks again for participating.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Steve,

really enjoyed the first one, and I wondered if Todd and / or Adrian were coming up, based on something you had said. Great lineup, and a cool side hobby! Are those up now (I can check on Spotify, just thought I’d give you a chance for another Shameless Plug).

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,827 Posts
I'm liking this series. All content no fluff.

·
Stephen
66 Posts
...for me ...simply invaluable!
like osmosis the info came in from a high concentration to a low concentration
Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great podcasts!
It is encouraging to know this technique can work in the cold temps we have here in the Great Lakes.

The closest I have come to fishing this way is a Windcutter with an intermediate tip. I figured I was around 18” to 24” below the surface. Sounds like I can do away with the intermediate and fish the floater and a fine leader and an appropriately dressed fly and achieve the same results.

·
Administrator
18,651 Posts
It's strange to hear my own voice :oops:
Steve is a great host!! Very honored to have been apart of his production.
It was also really fun, never did anything like that before. Sort of like chatting at salmon camp or riverside by a fire, with coffee and a river brother :)

Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts