Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I am looking to purchase another reel to use on my SH 9’6 7wt Hardy Jet Sintrix.

I am currently using a Hardy Ultralite which has been great but I am looking for a click and pawl/classic reel. I would prefer to stay with Hardy but I am open to suggestions.
I just need some direction of what may pair/balance well with this set up. I am currently fishing a guideline bullet 2.0 line on mid to smaller Eastern Canada Atlantic Salmon rivers.

Tight lines!

·
18 foot spey rod DV8
992 Posts
Hey there,

I am looking to purchase another reel to use on my SH 9’6 7wt Hardy Jet Sintrix.

I am currently using a Hardy Ultralite which has been great but I am looking for a click and pawl/classic reel. I would prefer to stay with Hardy but I am open to suggestions.
I just need some direction of what may pair/balance well with this set up. I am currently fishing a guideline bullet 2.0 line on mid to smaller Eastern Canada Atlantic Salmon rivers.

Tight lines!
I would advise a Hardy model that has readily available extra spools to allow the use of various lines for different presentations. The Hardy Staints; John, Aiden, Andrew, and George are all excellent choices as are the Zenith and the handsome Bougle with the sweetest click and pawl melody of them all.
Regards from the Restigouche....Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.