Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm headed to seattle next weekend to acompany my son who is going to a seminar. i have the 16th-18th open to fish in the seattle area. while steelhead would be my first preference, trout would be great too. any info on where and when and how the fishing has been these past few weeks, or (for those with the crystal ball) is likely to be, is most appreciated.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Neal -

Sorry I could not make it. You've helped me out so much over the last year I really wish I could've made it. Hopefully some of the forum folks from the PNW will show you around a little, but just in case I will prepare a humble list of my hotspots and how to hit them from almost 20 yrs of fishing there, although the last 9 have been as a visitor. Nothing can compare to a pair of experienced eyes on the water with you though.

It started out with a strong push of fish and then the cold spell set in. Typical temperatures are returning and things should start moving again, your timing could be very good unless rains and warmup raise the rivers to unfishable levels.

It's a little late but you could also try the beaches along Whidbey, where the dream of a steelhead in the salt is pretty real although never easy.

Even when some rivers are blown, there are rivers that will not be, and the upper reaches are usually fishable. I can help you determine destinations by calling key shops and campgrounds.

In any case, there are some hard-core anglers on this forum and if you can hook up with any of them you are going to be in good stead in steelhead country.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
I am out of town next weekend but if you don't get any bites, PM me and I will see if I can hook you up with someone.

sinktip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts