Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Season opened a couple of days ago, big flush of cold rain water and some unsettled weather slowed things down- but this morning the calm decended:)) and all is well in the world again. Christened my new 15' 10/11 wt/XLT setup

Will

·
Registered
646 Posts
WOW! Bet that baby pulled!!!

Congratulations, VERY nice fish. Taste good? Couple of hush puppies, some cole slaw and baked beans with iced tea...reminds me of being a kid again :) !
Chris

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Hey Gator...

...reminds me of being a kid again !
I heard that when those 16' beauties landed up there you were still acting like a kid,.....at Christmas time. :saeek:

Nice fish Will!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
must be an old one, it's got whiskers!!!
Hey i'm not THAT old:))))))))

Yep FLG they do put up a fight bit like trying to hang onto the back of a bus whilst on your bike- not that I ever did that!!!!:)) We have C&R regs here on Cats- over 24" they go back- so it's a great fishery.

Will

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peter- hmms:) now that you mention it:)))

Ed- the season is just starting here and goes until Oct with the Cats switching from one forage base to another as they become available ( Goldeye/Rainbow Smelt/Emerald Shiners/etc) - the main river is still a bit high right now (20,000 CFS) but there are some good early season safety spots. Later on ( June/July/early Aug) when the "bones" start to show it gets a little easier to read and more productive . Drop on by:)))

Will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts