Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me or is there an issue with the topic search function. Have tried many different entries that i know should show some hits in the results but nothing. For example, "Echo Solo", "Fly Logic", "Scott l2h". Any assistance is appreciated
Thank you

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,325 Posts
Just entered "Hardy" into the search box. The first result was a Amazon ad but everything following were forum related.

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
What kind of words were you searching? The search function on here has usually been pretty reliable, but a few other weird things have been happening in the last week.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,325 Posts
I just switched the search box from google to vb search. Much better approach. Didn't realize this was possible.

Dan

·
Administrator
789 Posts
Thanks for the replies to this guys. @josie Are you still having issues with the search function? Searching "fly logic" gave me "About 384 results (0.18 seconds)".

Niall

·
no expectations
65 Posts
The search function has been kooky for me last 4-5 days. For instance, search just now of “Abel” resulted in total of 4 results. Most recent result was from 2013.

Before the internet-savants torch, yes....i have spelled correct. And yes....simple one word search with no boolean operators.

·
Rank Stranger
20 Posts
Same problem here. Just searched “Farlex” and got two results, both recent.
RS

·
Registered
710 Posts
search issue

I just did a search on this "Sage 10150-4 Giii " it cam up with nada. so did a search for "10150", noting. A google search came up with spey pages posts on this rod. Not sure why you cant find this info by searching on spey pages??????? Did they delete all the archives?

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
To choose a word that is possibly even more relevant on this site “Meiser” I got 3 back? In the past a search for a given specific Meiser rod would give hundreds if not more results. On here it would possibly be a surprise if there where less than 3 hits per hour on “Meiser”. So yes, broken. We have been using the search function with quality results for years and years, and it is all very well to investigate other settings that might improve things, but there it is an entirely different situation to have what works fine stop working with no notice.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies to this guys. @josie Are you still having issues with the search function? Searching "fly logic" gave me "About 384 results (0.18 seconds)".

Niall
Still experiencing the same issues as previously stated. Unable to successfully search the forum topics.
Thank you for your assistance

·
Rank Stranger
20 Posts
Yes, that's the one I'm using. Just searched "Speyco," and got a message of "no results."

RS

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Mine is not working well either. I am using an android. The search is either showing "no results" or really old stufff from around 2002 with no recent posts. Weird!

Nate

·
Administrator
789 Posts
Hello there,

I gave this a test here:

Capture.jpg Capture2.jpg

Was able to pull out a few results.

What browser and skin are you on?

Ed

·
Banned
501 Posts
It is still very limited.

For example typing Burkheimer 8142-4 or just 8142-4 brings no hits.

In the past just typing 8142-4 would bring any post containing 8142-4

Typing 8152-4 no results.

Burkheimer : About dozen results. Few weeks ago it was way over 100.

Everything was fine several weeks ago.

Browsers: either Safari or Chrome on MacBook Pro

·
Registered
518 Posts
No search results

I have been trying a variety of searches, using both the Advanced Function and the Quick Search, all with no results. I thought that odd because I know that there used to be quite a bit of information here on "Dying Feathers". Tried again after seeing this thread, with the same results.

Jim

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have tried on mobile and desktop. For example, searched the classified section for Redington and got one hit from 2019. Something is not working properly.

·
Banned
501 Posts
Any update on search engine ?

It became completely unless and was functioning very well just few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts