Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Scottish speycasting chamionship was held last weekend at Scone palace.

With a great attendance and the very best speycasters from all over the world, it was one not to be missed.

There was a number of other disciplines as well as the speycating including salmon distance (overhead casting with a double handed rod) trout distance and trout accuracy.

Carron team took the honours once again this year, with James Chalmers taking the speycasting, Ruairi Costello with the Masters event and young Blair Banks clearing up in his division.

Well done to all that attended!!

Here are a few photos of the winners:

The Speycasting champ, the "stalwart" James Chalmers

Ruairi Costello with the Masters

Blair Banks with the spey and salmon distance

And the carron team

Gordon Armstrong

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
fishingd0 said:
The Scottish speycasting chamionship was held last weekend at Scone palace.

With a great attendance and the very best speycasters from all over the world, it was one not to be missed.

There was a number of other disciplines as well as the speycating including salmon distance (overhead casting with a double handed rod) trout distance and trout accuracy.

Carron team took the honours once again this year, with James Chalmers taking the speycasting, Ruairi Costello with the Masters event and young Blair Banks clearing up in his division.

Well done to all that attended!!

Here are a few photos of the winners:

The Speycasting champ, the "stalwart" James Chalmers

Ruairi Costello with the Masters

Blair Banks with the spey and salmon distance

And the carron team

Gordon Armstrong

Congatulations to all the Carron boys.Well done lads.
Must be the coaching from the old boy,James!!!
Andrew and James,drop me an email when you get a chance.Would be nice to catch up.
James,What's the best time to phone you at the office.I would like to have a chat.
Regards Neil.:smokin:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Gordon,

Nice to see the team doing so well. Did you have a cast yourself?

Is there any chance you could fling up the Spey distances if available.

Cheers

Corin

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Corin

I never managed to make it down this year, too busy at work. Will be at the CLA though.

Not sure of all the distances, but I know James cast 47off is left and 45 off his right using a fairly poor outfit provided by the gamefair.

Gordon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts