Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
As I have said before - this rod is one of my favourites. More of a fast action rod than the ARC series. To me, who also use the Loomis GLX 13 a lot, those two rods are amazingly similar in their feel, despite the tip is a bit softer on the SAS. I can only recommend it.

BTW this rod comes in a new design here in Scandinavia this year, and has a more "modern" look now in my view.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Scott SAS 1308

Nate: the 1308 is a very fast action rod, ideally suited (and designed) for the scandinavian style of casting. the "new look" handle, down-locking reel seat, and upper grip have been optimized for the underhand style of casting. both the SAS 1308 and SAS 1510 excel at overhead casting and underhand style casting, and are among the lightest two-handers around, custom or otherwise.

having seen you cast, i would actually recommend you check out the SAS 1409. This rod is slightly less fast than the 1308 or 1510, and spey casts a lot better (a lot more forgiving) without losing much of anything in overhead casting capabilities. this is one of my very favorite rods, and a great buy at any price.

throwing a long-belly xlt 8/9 with the sas 1409, it is not difficult to chuck 115-120 feet of line plus a 20 foot leader; the rod will turn around and throw a short 40 foot head with equal ease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts