Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows why Scott is not offering the Radian spey rods in the US. Seems like it would be a great rod after the success they have had with their single hand rods.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You mention that they are not offering them in the US. I'm not sure that they are offering them anywhere?

Scott typically keeps the naming of their rods separate Spey vs Single Handed. They didn't do an S4 Spey rod or a G2 spey rod, instead the offer the T2H, T3H etc. They aren't like sage where they take a rod technology, throw a name on it, and then make everything from a 1wt through a 14ft spey in that naming. I'd imagine that Scott will use the same technology but would call it a T4H or something of the likes.

Best,

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,079 Posts
Check out the European Tackle Shops

The Radian Spey is listed on several of their sites. In fact, someone from Scandinavia posted one for sale in the classifieds within the last two or three weeks. I read somewhere Scott was using the European intro to test out the design before it came to their biggest market.

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
They do exist sadly not in some favored "steelhead" sizes. I was tempted to pick one up but ended up with t3h.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I've tried contacting them about it back when I first heard of this stick... No response...

And yes the Two hand radian is real, even if it as elusive as a steelhead on my fly this season

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello
If you are looking for Radian 1308, contact me pm!
I'll have a brand new Radian DH1308.
Never casted,tested. Plastic still on the cork etc!

Teemu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts