Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own that same rod and really like it. It casts mid bellys very nicely and seems to throw skagits pretty well also, even though I am not that great of a skagit caster.

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
I have one.. Run a 9/10 powerspey on her, an ol rio scandi at 620 grns, and fish a 600grn skagit head w/ 9ft cheater --11wt intermediate. Really a sweet rod..lite for its muscle too!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on, I use a 8/9 powerspey and a 650 skagit with a 5 ft cheater. I just got the skagit a couple of monthes ago and still trying to master it, every now and then that baby really flies out there. I have been casting mid bellys only for the last 12 years. After casting the skagit, I was kind of wondering if I might like a 9/10 powerspey better. I have never cast a scandi before, is this a pretty good rod for it?

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
Good ALL AROUND STIC IMHO.. I have a 650 skag but I myself dont like it on that stic..

However all SCOTTS are hand made so no 2 are exactly alike.

I have a pair of LS2 1408's now.. The older one is better with a midbelly,
the new one in my stable is a lil fuller flexing and really out shines my first one w/a skagit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you happen to know how much your 9ft cheater weighs? If that works well for you I might have to give it a try, I have a 600 skagit. The little bit more fuller flex really makes a difference between the two 1408s?

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
Fishbum-I am going to have to weigh it to be sure. I think its bout 55 grains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts