Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott isn't a too much used twohander here in Norway. Many find the ARC series too slow and soft for our fishing style. However, the SAS twohanders are about getting a real reputation, by some compared with the Loomis GLX series, maybe the most acknowledged series here in my country. Considering the price of the SAS it is a VERY interesting rod. Any opinions from North America?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ordered one recently and it was backordered. Perhaps because the Norwegians are buying them. I got interested in them because Simon has been praising them. You might find his comment somewhere back in the archives.

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
The SAS series is a line of inexpensive rods produced by Scott...the single handers run $250-$350 and SAS two-handers run around $450.

Avaliable in the SAS line of two-handers are a 13' #8 and 14' #9...both are 3 piecers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SAS 1409

Cheers all,

I'm new to posting but have been lurking for some time.My first purchase was a SAS 1409 about two years ago.Like others have mentioned it is an inexpensive rod but suits my budget and I enjoy it.I am relitively new to the two handers and have tried the ARC as well.Totally different feel.As for the pricing others have given,what dollar are you talking about?I only paid $225 canadian for mine with an aluminium tube!!

Steve......

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
onthefly68

$225.00 Canadian? You should of bought 10 of them. I think you got a hell of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts