Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info would be helpfull. I am looking at the 15 foot 10 weight for a shooting head and skagit head. How do they compare to a T&T 1510-3 or a TCR-1510? Any line recomendations also?

·
Registered
239 Posts
The A2 1510 is a very fast action rod, especially when compared to the LS2 and ARC lines. Compared to the TCR, it has a softer tip, and is actually faster in action. Ditto in comparison to the T&T 1510. The A2 is a bunch lighter than either the TCR or the T&T.

Despite the light weight, the A2 rods have been incredibly durable. FYI, the 1308 and the 1510 A2's are a lot faster in action than the 1409 A2. The 1510 will cast any short belly line a LONG way.

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply

That is the info i needed. By the way( pun intended) the first time i cast a xlt was at a class with you at ben howard. My arc is now a xlt skills improvment tool.short belly lines get me fish long belly lines keep me honest.

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
Way-
Would you please contact me via PM or email. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions regarding the LS2 series.

Thanks
Seth

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Owned the A2 1510 for a bit. Even with my feeble casting abilities I could toss a whole Mid Spey 10/11 (atleast did it a few times). Powerful rod, lightweight, nice price, not something I would want to cast all day though (IMHO).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Scott A2

The 14' for a #9 wt. Scott A2 totally rocks. Although designed for Scandi-style casting, it'll cast anything, anytime, anywhere with style.

One of THE great 14' rods out there right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts