Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For your consideration is a Scott 1409/4S in pristine condition. I am the original owner of this rod and it was ordered with colour coordinated agate stripping guides. The original metal reel seat was replaced with a colour matching wood Struble seat. Price is $300 US funds plus shipping and Paypal.

Thanks

Attachments

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
This is not an S, no such thing. Nor is it an ARC.
Scotts first commercial two hander, which is what this is.
Is the G series, IMHO the best spey rods they ever put out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
S = Spey these are nice.

Here is a link to maybe helpful thread about this rod.
I have this rod and it has a more traditional action and I use it with 570 grain skagit for bass fishing sometimes and I think you could go heavier and lighter depending on the caster.
I think on facebook or somewhere I seen the beach version that has a straighter longer bottom grip.

http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/59-rods/8228-older-scott-spey-rod.html

Hope this helps

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott 1409-4S

Thanks to all who replied to the posting. It's a shame this rod has not been relegated more fishing time as it is probably the nicest factory rod builds from the 90"s. As the original owner, I have fished this rod with the first generation Windcutter 7/8/9 to the modern lines like such as Nextcast Winter Authority 45 & 55 in a 7/8.
The info provided from a past posting seems to describe this rod accurately:

Scott Rods replied,
"The G1409/4s was designated "s" as a spey model. This rod is softer than the current ARC1409/4, more in the style of a traditional spey rod. I would recommend using a slightly lighter
line than the current Rio designation, especially if you are planning to add sink tips. I think you will find that the G1409/4s will be more pleasurable to fish with floating lines. The newer ARC models have more stiffness or power in the bottom third of the blank. "

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Literally cleaning out my closet this morning and realized I had posted this previously. Back up for sale at $250 USD.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts