Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well done to the team in their performance today, some excellent casting saw the Scotland squad win the title by a wide margin, more details to follow in due course...

Gordon

·
Norwegian speyfanatic
197 Posts
This is the results of the spey finale:

1. Gordon Armstrong UK 57,38 meter
2. Knut Syrstad NOR 54,08 meter
3. Scott McKenzie SCO 54,03 meter
4. Gerrard Downey IRL 52,36 meter
5. Murray Richardson UK 49,75 meter
6. Ian Gordon SCO 49,43 meter

Congratulations to Gordon for exceptional casting. 57,38 meters in calm conditions (no wind at all) is incredible!

And the finale in the salmon distance:

1. Bjørn Anders Forberg NOR 51,29 meter
2. Steve Rajeff USA 50,52 meter
3. Mikael Blomberg NOR 50,25 meter
4. Stein Grønberg NOR 49,36 meter
5. Kåre Wabenø NOR 49,33 meter
6. Mathias Lilleheim NOR 47,15 meter

And trout distance:

1. Steve Rajeff USA 46,46 meter
2. Mathias Lilleheim NOR 42,82 meter
3. Mikael Blomberg NOR 42,45 meter
4. Kåre Wabenø NOR 41,69 meter
5. Gerard Downey IRL 41,40 meter
6. Martin Nøkleberg NOR 40,78 meter (only 16 years old!)
7. Stein Grønberg NOR 40,75 meter

·
Registered
886 Posts
McIntyre said:
This is the results of the spey finale:

1. Gordon Armstrong ENG 57,38 meter
5. Murray Richardson ENG 49,75 meter

Congratulations to Gordon for exceptional casting. 57,38 meters in calm conditions (no wind at all) is incredible!
I think you will find Gordon and Murray were casting for the British team rather than England.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi folks

Well what a weekend! The EWM has raised the profile of competition speycasting to a new level.

The whole setup was second to none; a specially constructed casting pond; the ability to set the casting platform to cast with the wind; laser marking, making distances as accurate as possible; qualified ICSF judges; running commentary and coverage from sky television.

The weekend was a total success for all involved and a special thanks must go to Brendan Beagley for setting the whole event up, Jimmy Jack and Carron for sponsoring the UK speycasting team, Howel Morgan for some first class commentary and support to all the boys taking part.

The casting throughout was first class. The Scottish team was out of this world in the team spey event, a thoroughly professional performance, with some of the most consistent casting I have seen, well done lads, you did Scotland proud.
Once again Steve Rajeff ran away with all the events he took part in apart from the spey casting and the overhead salmon distance, the man is a legend.

Anyway that is the competition scene over for another year; I can put the big rod down and get back to what it is really about, Catching fish!

Gordon Armstrong

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds like an awesome time! Impressive numbers put up.
I don't see anything about a team event on the EWM website. How did the team spey event work? Did the US or Canada have teams?

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I think anyone that is good enough to play this game with these guys is pretty damned good. Even the guys that placed last are "jedis" in my mind. Sounds like a great event with a great job done by all. McIntyre, thank you for posting the results

·
Registered
37 Posts
One of the most interesting things about the Emerald World Masters event was the truly magnificent Spey casting ability of a new rising star from Ireland, Gerard Downey - aka themoygreen. He is from my own home town of Foxford in fact. What a fabulous caster Gerard is and I really have to hand it to him. It is entirely his own hard work, experimentation, thought, dedication, time spent and natural talent that has made him such a stylish and effective caster in such a short space of time. He is only 23 now so what a career in casting that he should have in front of him. He sure scared even the Scots when he threw a monster cast in the individual final but the leader just went over the line for a non cast.

It was a great event, well done to the Scottish, British, Irish, Norwegian, American and Polish teams. Well done Gordon Armstrong. Very well done to all six finalists in the individual event.

Congratuations to Brendan Begley, Russell Whiteman and David Wilkinson for organising such an exciting and well run event.

·
Speycaster
23 Posts
Just like to say congratulations to Gordan Armstrong,it was a pleasure meeting and casting with you and hope to see you sometime early next year.A big shout out has to go to brendan begley who organised and set up the whole casting event,without him there would be no EWM.It was nice to be able to watch and compete against the best spey casters in the world.There all sound lads!!! especially Andrew Toft "The Puddin Smasher" The mans a legend!

It was also very nice to have been able to watch the ICSF events what were on from the tuesday till the friday.It was my first time seeing this event and it was an absolute pleasure to watch Steve Rajeff in action.He is truely an amazing caster on or off water.

I would like to thank the man himself Mr Peter Anderson for helping me out during the week and also Mr Howel Morgan for giving me some tips.Thanks lads.

So roll on the EWM 2007 it will be a super event to look forward to!

Gerard Downey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts