Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale or trade is Hardy made Scientific Anglers Mastery reel in size 10/11. It's a great spey reel and is very similar to the Hardy Cascapedia series and were SA's top of the line reels. The reel has never been used, I’m the second owner and it’s in perfect condition except that it’s missing the small fish medallion that goes on the drag knob. It doesn't have any functional purpose but I got it that way and didn’t have any luck tracking down a replacement. Comes with the neoprene pouch, asking $120 or trade for 8wt. reel or single hand and whatever $ to make it work.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
From SA:
MASTERY SERIES 89 AND 1011:
• Full cage design maximizes durability of these mainly saltwater-use reels
• Extreme drag system features larger, more durable components and a special drag material and
design for heat dissipation and other extreme needs often seen when fighting large saltwater species
• The drag pad material is a new-to-the-industry aviation carbon optimized for its low heat buildup
(<2˚C), and combined with the new bearing wheel design of the drag housing, improves heat
dissipation vastly over cork and other conventional materials and system designs
SPECIFICATIONS
Model Primary Use Capacity Weight Diameter & Width
23 Ultralight to light freshwater 80 yds 20# Backing 3.8 oz. 2.70" x .72"
Mastery Series XPS WF-3
45 Light to moderate freshwater 100 yds 20# Backing 4.8 oz. 2.97" x .75"
Mastery Series Distance WF-5
67 Moderate to heavy freshwater 200 yds 20# Backing 5.3 oz. 3.37" x .87"
Mastery Series Distance WF-7
89 Heavy freshwater to moderate saltwater 240 yds 20# Backing 8.0 oz. 3.62" x 1.03"
Mastery Series Distance WF-9
1011 Moderate to heavy saltwater 375 yds 20# Backing/250 yds 30# Backing 8.6 oz. 3.73" x 1.18"
Mastery Series Saltwater WF-11

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello members, Thought I'd contribute to this discussion. At one time I had 4 of these same reels on my boat fishing for striped bass, bluefish and false albacore in northeast - still have 2. They are strong (full cage) bar stock machined reels, with good line capacity (mine easily fits 260 yd of 30 lb dacron and a WF 10). Perhaps the best testimony for its smooth, nicely adjustable and strong drag would be handling the 2 - 3 blistering runs from 12 pound albies (not tying to diminish the runs from a large steelhead here). And the reel coins commonly popped out on these. In MHO this is fair asking price for a quality reel. I have the SA factory paperwork that I can copy and send if wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts