Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I look at the Sci Ang website and it has new lines. I am looking at the UST Scandi in the 6/7 400 gr range intermediate. I went to the buy online site and none of the listed retailers has the intermediate in 6/7 400 gr.

I looked at the Sci Ang site. No 800 number; nobody to call. I emailed them on their inquiry form but naturally haven't heard back.

Any Sci Ang insiders on here? Do they even really make a 6/7 400 gr UST intermediate? Anybody know the skinny?

·
Banned
571 Posts
I tried too...

I started pursuing this new product line when it was first announced. I tried shops in the UK and Europe. No joy. One shop (Glasgow Angling Centre) said that they could provide an ordered head in 12-14 days. I declined the opportunity to buy then and receive later, instead offering my plan, order then and call me when you have it. No return call in four months. So there you have it. Offered but not really available.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, they do come in intermidate.

Most of the UST comes either in the "double" or "triple" density with braided core. These lines are comparedable to the Guidelines 3D, except easier to get in the US (IMHO). If you look carefully on the website....you'll see S1, S3, S5, Hover and Int. Those numbers indicates the sinking rate (ips) and you can see that on the bottom right corner of the page after clicking on a line of choice.

Casting wise.....they pick up out of the water with ease (really) and shoots nicely. Heads with the triple density tracks very well in my opinion. Overall, I like them so much that I bought 3 of them in various sinking rates.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm also curious about the 6/7 400 grain availability. I've wondered why SA listed it on their website if they weren't going to offer it any time soon. Hmm ...

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Hello.. Obviously made for the European market. We have no problems in finding these lines over here.. So you cannot have them by special orders?? Yours borano20

·
Banned
571 Posts
Hi back...

I usually do business with small shops, one in Scotland and one in Ireland. They do not carry a lot of stock, but orders seem to be quickly filled by the wholesalers. The exception has been Guideline and now SA Europe for the UST Scandi heads. I received some Guideline tips last week, ordered in October 2014. I do some business in Finland with Helsinki Spey Clave, but I haven't been successful with Danish or German shops. I would love to find a European shop that stocks the UST heads. Cheers, Buff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts