Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish these were mine. A good buddy of mine, some of you will know him as Bullwinkle from the Babine and inventor of the Geek fly sent me a photo of some of his favourite reels. He claims they are investments - but I know I would have a hard time parting with them - even for a profit!

They are;
6/0 Vom Hofe Restigouche
6/0 Vom Hofe Janciuras 2x
4/0 Hardy Cascapedia
1/0 Hardy Brunswick
1/0 Vom Hofe clnl Thompson
4 1/2" Saracione Deluxe
4" Saracione Deluxe
3 3/4" Saracione Deluxe
3 1/4" Saracione Deluxe

Scary stuff :smokin:

Attachments

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Kush -- Pleasae delte that photo ASAP! I have just ruined a keyboard with excessive drool and am fairly sure I will get nothing done workwise until I can no longer stare at it and dream.:D

Great collection. Would Bill consent to you taking some close-ups sometime and posting them?

·
Registered
886 Posts
So other than the S shaped handle collection does he have any other sub catagories?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Kush

When does he plan to sell these investments???;)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is only a small part of the collection... he has a lot more - Perfects galore. Bill told me these were just his favourites :whoa:

When I am next in Campbell River I will get a bunch of photos.

And I don't know much about his plans to sell .... funny he never seems to talk about that :hihi:

·
Recently Spey'd
816 Posts
Wow! My wife almost had me sleeping in the dog house for buying one Hardy Cascapedia 4/0 . Those are impressive reel collections.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmm... SeaMaster... Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh

·
Registered
445 Posts
...........man,when I see pictures like those,all I can do is laugh and say "Good for you guys". You're on a mission,and nothing is going to get in your way!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
WD, are those Fin Nor Wedding Cakes or the Saracione "reproductions"

And did that fly cabinet come from Bill Kiene about 6-7 years ago?

very nice!

G

·
Andre,

This is a fairly well-known photo of part of Jim Fowler's collection. Since he is regarded by many as Mr. FinNor Wedding Cake all the reels on the left are, in fact, original Wedding Cakes. I know he has more. The entire top shelf contains Seamasters in its various generations. On the right appear to be Bogdans, Leonards, and perhaps a few vom Hofes, though it is a little tough to tell for sure. Don't know anything about the desk, though.

·
Registered
913 Posts
andre, JR Spey is right, it is Jim Fowler's collection. I had a link to a web site about it but i can not find it now sorry:(
this is my own small collection of reels(minus 3) not as impressive but they all work great and do get used:smokin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bullwinkle

Thats not the least of ol' Bull uses Billy Pate Tarpons lined with mono for guiding in the chuck. I think Mr. Pate would have a jammer if he knew this!

Nice shots everyone Don't tell on me Kush. We have met but I don't think you would remember.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evenweight,

I know the reels pictured are only a small part of Bull's collection. And yes - he does use 4 Pate Marlins with mono for mooching and in fact Billy Pate did phone Langara Lodge and ask why they were selling so many reels (apparently the Lodge sellsl the most anywhere) - and he was a bit horrified - but business is business!

As for meeting you... I am pretty sure I would remember someone named "evenweight" :hihi:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is a photo of another of Bullwinkle's reels that I posted a long time ago - I believe it is a 1920 vintage 4 1/4" Perfect with one of Bill's trademark Geeks sitting on it.

Yes I know the reel foot is too bad - but he does fish with it...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Kush

what camera are you using? I need to pick up a digital.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ted,

I have a Nikon Coolpix 5200 and have been really impressed with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts