Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate some suggestions regarding RIO Heads for Scott ARC 1509-4, 8/9 or 9/10?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Have you had it for awhile?

I'd suggest considering what line you've found that matches it best for you, and take that line into the RIO recommendations. If your line is a RIO it's easy. If not, either you or someone hear can probably find the grain weight of the head for comparison. If you find that your line is on the lighter end, then you'd probably be happiest with the lighter recommendation from RIO. If you find that you like lines that load more deeply, then probably the heavier recommendation from RIO. Good luck!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Salmo,

I fish the 1509 a lot and love the rod with long line to short shooting heads. It does it all. I fished a fair amount this year with a Rio Scandinavian line with interchangeable tips in the 9/10 version. The line was cut back to 39' and it seem to fit how I wanted to cast the rod. Very easy to sling a lot of line a long way wind or no. If you go with the 9/10, make temporary loops and try the line at a full 44'. Then cut off a foot and try it again. At some point it will feel right. But, if you would like to try my 39' version before you start cutting I will send it out to you. I will not need it back until March.

Greg

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for comments.
I will buy 9/10 and experiment with get the right length of the head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts