Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, be careful, this account was a scam. Is has been closed as soon as I discovered that but the guy behind that account is a scammer. He first tells you his friend has the product you are looking for at a reasonable price, sends pictures and then gives you false PayPal addresses. Of course it doesn’t work. Then he tells you the problem is at your end and suggests you send money directly to him. Don’t!

Here is the email address he used:
[email protected]

Cheers!
Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Slope Parallel

Sky Font Darkness Photo caption Brand

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
The moderators cannot get every potential scammer before they try to pull a scam on someone here.
It does help when new members fill in all of the fields in the profile. It shows the member is wanting to be part of the community.

Reporting messages and posts is a sure way of getting rid of scammers to this forum as of now.

Mike

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
3,299 Posts
Most if not all of the transactions I had here with fellow members, and there have been plenty from around the world, have gone through without issue. International stuff can get sticky sometimes but not at the fault of the member. All transactions have been with established members in good standing. You first clue should be post count and time on The Pages. Stay safe and protect yourself.

·
Registered
RB Meiser, Sage, Vision, Speyco, JW Young
602 Posts
When you get a pm or reply to a wanted to buy add from a relatively new member that says
"my buddy has what your looking for, email here"

ALARM BELLS SHOULD GO OFF!!!

This subject has been talked about a fair bit over the last several months. Buyer Beware!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was my first WTB and no, I haven't read all threads about scammers before. I guess one has to go through it before they know and become aware. Fortunately, I didn't pay that guy.
Please just don't forget in your comments that the bad guy is the scammer, not the honest buyer.
Thanks and cheers!
Have a good season.

·
Registered
RB Meiser, Sage, Vision, Speyco, JW Young
602 Posts
This was my first WTB and no, I haven't read all threads about scammers before. I guess one has to go through it before they know and become aware. Fortunately, I didn't pay that guy.
Please just don't forget in your comments that the bad guy is the scammer, not the honest buyer.
Thanks and cheers!
Have a good season.
Scammers everywhere nowadays trying to take advantage of anyone they can.
I get at least a couple of phone calls a day that are scammers.

Glad to hear you didn't lose anything. Tight Lines!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts