Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to do some tying and put together another SBS this weekend
This bug has now been added to my pattern list..I have a few squid, prawn and baitfish templates I like to work off..Im usuallyalways changing, tinkering , never tying the same pattern more than a few times...I like this one enough..it lends itself to lots of additions in materials , subs etc...its a good template..hope you like

MAterial List and then pics

Shank/wire/dumbells
Tag..Purple Body Braid
Rear section..purple pheasant rump faced with purple amherst
Body..LAvender estatz
Body HAckle ...ostrich peeled
Counter Rib..fine wire
Front Collar..pheasant rump X2, purple guinea
Eyes JC...

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few others

Some changes

in the olives ones the tail and collar hackle is BEP in olive with some argus fibres...i usesd some Coq de leon in place of the guineau as final collar..a bit cleaner look..

In the blues I added a few turns of marabou towrds the front and a wing of barred ostrich

The chartreuse one has a rear a few turns of shlappen and 2 guinea feathers in front for a full look

hope you all like

David

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Great work. Thanks for taking the time to put up the SBS.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
nice timing, i wrapped a couple shanks last night then thoguht, man, i gotta look at one of David's shanks before tying again... and Bam, here's an SBS. That natural olive w Coq de leon is stunning. real nice work.

oh, what shank are you using on the olives??? Length? looks long and thin, I'm tired of these clunkers that give me odd twisted bodies.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!!

Montana Fly Company Offset 40mm -50 mm versions they have a pretty thin wire and the return eye runs the leanth of the shank..they hold real well in the vise

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts