Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HMH tube fly adapter is the best adapter there is since you can wrench on the rigid tubes. Kindove a GH fly in spun fur status

Again I use GSP for the spun fur so I`m using 6/0 as the base to resist slippage.

5 turns of sm french oval tinsel - paint the under thread with some cement before making the turns of oval.

Use Green dubbing to make the butt, Tie in the grizzly hackle, med french oval and yellow silk.

Wrap the yellow silk forward

Tie in the black silk

Bring the med french oval forward and wrap the hackle behind the tinsel

Make a dub loop

Make a small arctic fox dub ball in the dub loop

Tie in a Goose shoulder hackle, dont strip a side

Wrap it forward and secure, bring the dub loop forward from two steps back or make a new one.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part 2

Make a composite stack with coyote fur and finnish raccoon

Inside the loop, try to even out the color balance

Nip it close to the dub loop

Wrap the spun fur hackle forward, and tie in a guinea RUMP feather

Wrap the guinea RUMP feather forward

Make a nice clean shaped head

And the finish, clear hook holder tubing with a #4 cutting point Owner

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,844 Posts
Feel Like I

Should send you payment for all your posts teach me.. Stellar Stellar Stellar

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHAHA, everyone should share how they do things, its the way we can all be better at what we love to do.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great tie and thank you for a well put together step by step. I am sure that will have no troubles attracting a Chinook
Thanks! Listed as a hopeful since it might attract an early springer in mid march while I'm north, fingers crossed!!!

·
Administrator
19,212 Posts
That looks deadly Matt !!
Lately I've been fishing a Pompier with good results which has a similar colour scheme.
This one should do well for you :)

Mike

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
springers: notoriously lock jawed. bright green (chartreuse) and black flies have become known for taking them over the years, but you know this. you've got a high-hopefull here.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Black speckled Guinea Rump

how you like that guinea rump feather, I believe its a pearl guinea skin i got, there is very little typical "guinea" spotted feathers on this skin. I love how dame long it is. :saevilw:

·
Administrator
19,212 Posts
how you like that guinea rump feather, I believe its a pearl guinea skin i got, there is very little typical "guinea" spotted feathers on this skin. I love how dame long it is. :saevilw:
The guinea is gorgeous !!
Would love to see that as a collar on a spey :smokin:
I usually purchase "small dot" guinea, I like the contrast better than the "large dot".

Mike

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The guinea is gorgeous !!
Would love to see that as a collar on a spey :smokin:
I usually purchase "small dot" guinea, I like the contrast better than the "large dot".

Mike
My mistake, it be a "Purple Guinea" have a look around, you might find one on the bay. And have a look at this bad girl i just pulled the trigger on!

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,212 Posts
Some excellent feathers on her and will accept dying very well :)
Did you literally "pull the trigger" or just purchase the skin :chuckle:
Guinea fowl (hen) is excellent eating, very tasty :saevilw:

Mike

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
I keep these, we call them Ghost Guineas. Cool feathers but i prefer the texture and fine barb tips of the plain and simple guineas.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I keep these, we call them Ghost Guineas. Cool feathers but i prefer the texture and fine barb tips of the plain and simple guineas.
For dyeing for sure, I have some ghosted spots in mind for these...

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
+1 here.

Amazing to look at your 'How to's.' Even a Village Idiot like me can follow along. Love the Tube Vise, never seen anything like that, HMH?????

Fred

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Amazing to look at your 'How to's.' Even a Village Idiot like me can follow along. Love the Tube Vise, never seen anything like that, HMH?????

Fred
Yup, HMH, tube fly adapter. It is the best for rigid tubes, you really dont even need a needle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts