Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll be there,

I need all the help I can get. I just purchased my first Spey rod (Heritage 1510) two weeks ago and my casting is atrocious. :confused: Speyman has been a lot of help though. I'm sure that I can only improve and avoid bad habits by attending these Speyclaves and interacting with experienced casters.

Thanks from a Speynewbie,

Kevlar

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I expect to be there, barring monsoonal rain, with several rods, including The Caber (15-foot greenheart - all two pounds of it!). If you'd like to try it, then eat your Wheaties at breakfast, and wear an athletic supporter.:whoa:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hope to be there. I often fish this part of the Snoqualmie anyway, though I imagine the river may be blown with the rain we're having right now.

If I make it I'll be packing my old (brown) 9140-4, though I'm guessing that most of you guys have probably already cast this rod at some point in your speycasting careers.

Later,

Merle

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
I am looking forward to this Sat. The chance to meet more of the people from the forum is exciting. Don't worry about the river levels. If it is too high we can go across the road and cast on grass in the park.

Rich

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now we are 3!

we have a carload of casters coming along, stopping somewhere on the way down for an early breakfast. Behind the scenes I have confirmation from a number of people so it looks like a great gathering! Is the river looking big? Should we bring along our grass leaders?

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
No problem

The river is rising but we can use the Tolt or go to the grass.
When the rain stops and the freezing level goes down the river will fall.
I spent 5 years looking for a place to for place to put a shop where I had plenty of options.
Just come on down and have a ball.
:smokin:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just checked my fishing log and see that I have fished the Snoqualmie when it was flowing at 5000 cfs in Carnation. That's probably about the upper limit though. (The gear guys might be able to fish effectively at slightly higher flows.)

The problem with the Sno-dog is that it goes out fast when we get a bunch of rain, which we are getting right now. It will often shoot up to 10,000 or 15,000 in a day or two.

Based on the weather forcast (rain through the weekend) I woudl recommend bringing the grass leaders.

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Granted

mjyp
The Monkeys I do not have.
Just a little rain to help out the fishing.
should be more fish on rise and that is what we all want.
The River may blow out as far as fishing but not the for the Clave.
:cool:
Speybum

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Nooksack Mac,

I really want to cast that greenheart beast this time, glad to hear you are bringing it. Just think of how heavy the 17 foot greenheart was that Traherne fished!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I will be there and will bring a friend. I look forward to trying the various rods and of course renewing friendships. Jerry

1 - 20 of 45 Posts