Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*REEL IS SOLD*

One of Joe's new offerings, the Mark IV, in great, slightly used condition.

There is one tiny, shallow, barely visible pock mark on the bottom of the frame. No champagne anodization was removed. This occurred the one and only time that I accidentally placed the reel on a rock. It's size is less than 1 mm square-ish. I did my best to detail the mark in a photo, but the camera wasn't up to the task (4th photo down). Otherwise, this reel is in great condition.

Currently RHW, but interchangeable to LHW. My observed capacity: 600 grain Compact Skagit and 150 yards of 30 pound dacron.

Purchased last January. Way too much reel for me. Will entertain trades plus cash. Looking for a less expensive, comparably-sized reel in the 14 ounce range. Will consider any reel so long that it's serviceable.

$800 or trade plus cash.

Thanks for looking.

Andrew

P.S. Pics on the way shortly.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
"Too much reel for me."

^ What I mean by that is the Saracione is way too nice of a reel for me. I don't fish as much as I used to and a lesser priced reel will suit me better.

Reels offered for trade plus cash so far:

Nautilus 12 or 12T ... Interested. Currently working out some details with the offerer.
Loop Classic 811 ... Still too much reel and would fancy a Saracione instead.

Please keep the trade offers coming. I still haven't decided on the Nautilus -- not even by half. Don't be afraid to offer me up that reel that you think I may not like. I just might! Just because I'm bringing a Saracione to the table doesn't mean that I'm snobby and can't fish something a lot less expensive. You'd be wrong. I can't stress this enough: all reels COMPARATIVELY SIZED AND WEIGHTED will be considered, preferably less expensive than the Saracione. Again, I'm looking for something in the 13 to 14 ounce range.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Latest On Trades/Cash

Considering two Nautilus 12Ts from different sources. Working out the conditions of the reels, the cash offers and other details.

A new Hardy Mk IV 4" plus $300 cash ... too light.

An excellent conditioned Abel Super 12 plus $400 ... heavier than the Hardy but still too light.

Thanks for all the offers thus far. Please keep 'em coming.

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Considering two Nautilus 12Ts from different sources. Working out the conditions of the reels, the cash offers and other details.

A new Hardy Mk IV 4" plus $300 cash ... too light.

An excellent conditioned Abel Super 12 plus $400 ... heavier than the Hardy but still too light.

Thanks for all the offers thus far. Please keep 'em coming.
WOW!!! A far better reel than Joes,, IMHO The MK IV i mean.
Salmon Chaser

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Salmon Chaser, thanks for hijacking my thread and not helping my cause. :chuckle: You'll enjoy this one, too. Another fine gentleman offered his 50's Hardy Perfect 4" plus "not much cash," so it must be in decent condition. Like the Saracione, too nice of a reel to suit my current needs.

Hardy Bougle or Perfect versus Saracione. Hmm ... To each his or her own. For me, close, but I'd take the newer bar stock reel that's built more tough. Unless the Perfect in question was in excellent condition ... Well, I'd at least try it out and compare the two before I made my decision. I wonder if you have done that yourself, Salmon Chaser.

This Saracione, also a Mark IV, has a loud check (click) in both directions. Sounds like a true spring and pawl reel but with the smoothness of a disc drag.

Please keep the trade offers coming.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Latest Trade Offer

Ross Canyon Big Game 8. Unfortunately, it weighs too little, coming in at 9.7 oz. Thanks for the latest offer. More, please.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Why not just sell the reel outright? I can't think of too many low to mid price range reels that will come close to your required weight.

William

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not just sell the reel outright? I can't think of too many low to mid price range reels that will come close to your required weight.

William
The reel is available outright. However, the trade plus cash is easier for most.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The point of my post is weight of reel you are looking for that is of low to mid price point. Otherwise there are several reels out there similar in weight and capacity which are very close in price to as much as you want to spend. Sounded like you are wanting a reel that doesn't cause many worries if dinged up.

Either way good luck!

William

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Sorry V-Loop.
My apologies on the hijack.
Salmon Chaser

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries, Salmon Chaser. I thought it was funny.

Everyone, please keep the offers coming. I haven't traded the Saracione yet. I've come close, though, with the two Nautilus 12Ts.

I may reconsider past offers. Thanks to everyone so far.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Latest Trade Offers, All Too Light

Tibor Everglades -- 8.5 oz.
Tibor Riptide -- 9.5 oz.
Sage 3600D -- 10.5 oz.
Meiser S2H -- the three models range from 7.45 to 10 oz.

Thus far, only the Hardy 4" Perfect and the Nautilus 12Ts have come close to my weight preference. I know someone has a good, affordable 12 to 14 oz. reel out there plus $400-ish cash to go along.

Please keep the offers coming. I feel like I'm getting close to striking a deal with someone. Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Still no deal, but, oh, so close.

Latest offers:

Islander FR4 -- 11.8 oz ... Close in weight, but still a tad too light. Also, not enough cash.
Ross Momentum 8 -- 11.5 oz ... I'd prefer a used reel if I was going to go the top-of-the-line (flagship), mass produced reel route. Still need more weight, too. I'm really looking for something in the 13-14 oz. range.
$750 cash offer ... Tempting, but still too early to budge on my price.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted an offer. Please keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Is this e-bay

Seems like this is getting close to being a modified e-bay scene.

Why don't you just name your bottom line cash and go from there.

Rphelps

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.