Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has purchased this video and wanted to get some reviews on it. I kind of wanted to know what casts were covered and how it compared to other videos.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I purchased but it wont be out til near the end of the month. If it's like most Spey claves, it'll have the Gods of Spey casting telling some of their best BS stories and have footage of them casting the standard throws and some of their trick casts. It's amazing how listening to 10 different people tell you twenty different ways to cast, can still improve your own casting. Take what you need and leave the rest. Good footage of any of the Gods is far and few between. Just like tying videos on Spey flies. This year I plan to shoot hours of my own video for review later. I got a few minutes of Goran Andersen with hardly any audio but it has been invaluable for figuring out the underhand cast.

Matt

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
As someone who was sitting on the gravel at the time, I can only say BUY IT! As Matt said, you get the inside skinny from some of the best casters in the world and there is little redundancy because each has his own brand of wisdom to offer. Even though I was there I 'll be watching this video again and again to absorb the subtleties from the masters that have always been of huge influence in my casting learning curve.

The proceeds go to a great cause and this is a must for the collection as well.

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
BUT IT!!!

My copy of the Sandy River Spey Clave arrived yesterday. Mark and his crew have done a marvelous job of producing a very valuable video. One you can watch over an over and learn each time.

Rich

·
Registered
254 Posts
After Aaron's Spey Clave yesterday, I can't wait until my video shows up. I really regretted not going to the Sandy Clave, but it was right in the middle of my divorce. Betcha that crap doesn't interfere with my going to next years Sandy Clave.

Matt Burke

·
Registered
254 Posts
On the top left side of this page, click on forum home under spey clave, then click on Sandy R. Spey Video on the left hand side.

Matt

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love the video. Only wish there was a bit more on Skagit casting from Ed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts