Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Mark's flyfishusa site looking for goodies and noted he's posted the dates for the third annual Sandy River Spey Clave.

YAHOOOOOOO!

May 17 and 18, 2003, again at Oxbow Park.

:D

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Clave

Looking forward to it this year.
Doctors kept me away last year and the shop the year before.
Need dates so I can plan.
Hope I get these smile right this time.
:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sandy river spey Clave 2003

It is very envigorating that you guys are talking about the Sandy River Spey Clave and it is still 7 1/2 months away. All of the major players from last year seem to want to return. There will also be a couple of new acts. Rest assured it will be an even more extravigant show than last year. Even more informative. Even more fun. You can get more details here.
http://www.flyfishusa.com/about-our-waters/spey-clave/spey-clave.htm
Fish long & prosper,
Mark

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
THANKS MARK

Thanks for quick reply looking forward to it.
I am sure Fred cann't wait either.
:smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"SB" you understate for a lot of us. :>)

Not sure I'd 'quit my job' to assure I'll be there but ... just short of that.
:D

fae

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Fred

Fred,
Be gentle with me.
It will be my first at Sandy.
Looking forward to it greatly.
Who brings the Scotch ???????????
:devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speybum, the good news is ..

we all do. Guy who gets gassed is the one who forgets to bring the ice.:devil:

PS: a good single malt is best done out of chrystal tumbler, so don't forget to pack it carefully for the drive down.
fae

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is Bushmills Irish welcome to this hooley?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah yes my little grasshopper.

Bush's would be an excellent addition to the larder.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fred,

Seeing as how I come from the far reaches of wilderland with our own collection of tarheel miscreants, would I be welcome with a jar or two of Everclear? Very fruity with a hint of paint thinner!

ws

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Watersprite, you took me back to my first and last experience

with "everclear." Frat. party at the U of Wash (Tau Kappa Ep.). Four our "Christmas Party" we used a 8 gallon jug and everybody kicked in a pint/5th of their "favorite." All into the pot with egg nog.

One fellow (from Idaho if memory serves) brought a couple of 5ths of Everclear. Smoooooth as glass ...... and you had no idea just how drunk you were until it was way too late.

One of our new pledges got just stinking (his Mother would not have been pleased:hehe: ) and he passed out cold. 4 of us grabbed him by an appendage, dragged him up two fleights of stairs, dumped him in the shower, turned on the water and went back to the party.

He was still there under the shower head 4'ish hours later when someone remembered what we'd done. No damage done (even if a stupid thing to do) but don't remember him ever taking a drink over the next three years we were together. A 'self designated driver' is a good thing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fred,

Smooth? Not this last batch I tried. It's more like take a sip and strut aroung flapping like some rooster while trying to catch your breath. But very tasty! I think "old man" tried a sip (wetted his lips, actually) and hasn't been back since. Flavor you can almost chew but smooth is wasn't. No whoosies in the woods up here!

ws

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Haven't heard from Crusty lately but I just wanted to mention that I enjoyed and appreciated the styro cup o' single malt at the last Sandy Spey Clave. Thank you Crusty!

The toast was raised to Mark B. and to all the pros who came to make it a special day.

Good memories, really hope to make the next one too.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, you could be right as this was in 1962 and..

watersprite said:
Fred,

Smooth? Not this last batch I tried. It's more like take a sip and strut aroung flapping like some rooster while trying to catch your breath. But very tasty! I think "old man" tried a sip (wetted his lips, actually) and hasn't been back since. Flavor you can almost chew but smooth is wasn't. No whoosies in the woods up here!

ws
It was very, very drunk out.
:eek:

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
The taste of yesterday

Do you mean it???
This is going to be some gathering.
I guess we will have to have a designated (sp) casters.
Speybum:whoa:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just thinking....

That's really weird - I was walking in the park today and for no reason at all last year's spey clave came to mind - check in on the board and hey presto! I'm coming, this time my wife has to come too (even she realized how exceptional the stories from last years day were) and I suggest everyone gets there, whatever it takes - if you have not attended it yet, you are in for a hell of an experience, and are sure to leave once again assured that the world is still populated with decent, generous and friendly folk.

Can't bloody wait mate.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts