Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I finally am breaking out and going fishing. booked with Marty Sheppard up on the sandy in mid march for 5 days. my questions is this what kind of weather is it generally like that time of year like sub 30 degrees or ball bark of weather just trying to see what kind of layering I should have. also what style of flies and colors has everyone used that you liked. I would like to have an assortment ready before I arrive. any information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Put it this way, by late February in Portland many trees and early flowers are blooming and by mid March many lawns will need mowing. There will most likely be rain, but there will be lots of breaks as well. It won't probably be cold, but on the river there is often a wind that can feel cold when it's wet and blowing in your face. Good rain gear is your best friend, but bring layers for underneath and be prepared to add or take off throughout the day as showers or sun come and go.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
You booked a great guide during the right time of year. Most of my Sandy fish came last week in Feb and first week in March. If the weather plays nice this should be fun. March is a great time to fish with Marty. he knows the fishery up higher. Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts