Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Close to where the Clave will be held is one of Portland's best new restaurants in NE Portland. The Restaurant is named Fife.

It is a high family restaurant with no entrees over $20.

This is not a high priced French Restaurant where you spend $100/person and have to stop at a fast food restaurant on the way home to get filled up.

The meats and fish come from local ranchers and farmers. The owner/head chef, Marco is from Maryland, and he flies in Chesapeake Blue Crabs for his speciality, maybe the best crab cakes on the west coast.

The lamb comes from a local rancher, and is great.

My younger son, Grayson, is a graduate of the Portland Culinary Institute in the early 90's and has been working in the Portland area since then. He has worked for some of the better known restaurants. He feels that Fife is the best restaurant he has worked at and is now open in the Portland area. If you go there say hi to Grayson. He is tall skinny guy in the back helping to prepare your dinner.

You will need reservations: 222-3433.

Fife is at 4440 NE Fremont Street, in NE Portland.

PS: The pastry chef is one of the best my son has met or worked with. His rice pudding has the food critics praising it and coming back for more.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Aaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

Figures I read this after I returned.

Well, I did get to have some fresh cracked dungeness crab and a huge slab of fresh pacific northwest spring chinook on the grill with chopped fresh dill, lemon, butter and creamed horseradish basting sauce with a red hook amber at a four star place called "Andre's" ;)

Thanks Grandpa, I'll put Fife on the list of "must-do's" next time I am in town!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juro re Fife's

Our son is the ultimate critic, and he refuses to work in a restaurant unless it provides great food to the customers.

However, he would have say that your menu @ Andre's was great: " Well, I did get to have some fresh cracked dungeness crab and a huge slab of fresh pacific northwest spring chinook on the grill with chopped fresh dill, lemon, butter and creamed horseradish basting sauce with a red hook amber at a four star place called "Andre's" ."

King salmon from the ocean is great and teh Springer Chinooks are the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts