Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At present time, it is looking like bring RV & GF to Oxbow park for the week of May 8th thru 14th. GF fishes, but not with the long rod. And will not appreciate being left behind very often. RV can tow either Suzuki or drift boat. Question is,,,,which?

If I bring drift boat, I need to buddy up with someone not only to launch the boat, and fish with, but to shuttle back & forth to the clave area. Otherwise forget the boat, tow Suzy, and fish from the bank.

Who else is planning on camping in the park the week before the clave? Anyone else bringing a boat? Do we really need one?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Jd

There is a fair amount of fishing available right at the park, so you really do not need a boat. Two years ago a boat put in above Bull Run and swamped in the first 100 yards. TV cmeras, helicopters trying to get the guys out. Don't end up on TV with your drift boat.

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up

The boat will stay home. I'll bring the Suzuki instead.

·
Registered
344 Posts
JD,

If time allows, I'd love to fish with you, even if just for a few hours from the bank. But it is doubtful I will be taking time off, and hopefully the kids will want to come both days again this year. (I keep waiting for them to "grow" (?) out of it, but so far so good!

Re the driftboat, the float down to Oxbow is known to be quite difficult--most people use pontoon boats or catarafts--but the float from Oxbow down is known to be quite easy. The incident Ted mentioned was above Oxbow.

--Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts