Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For planning purposes the volunteer staff for this event has requested to get an idea of headcount for lunches, etc. It would be a shame to have too much or too little based on lack of information.

Please reply if you are planning to attend. This is also being posted on the Forum, please reply only once on either site.

We realize that many who will attend are not registered members (God forbid ;) ) and the numbers will be padded to accomodate extra attendees, but please help out the cause by replying if you are going to attend for the volunteers sake.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
926 Posts
Unfortunately, looks like I won't be able to attend. But quite happy our Oregon family is here visiting. Have a great time.
Bill

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm excited to announce that Charlie will be doing his slide show on the Gaspe and Atlantic Salmon for us Saturday after the clave. I have not seen it myself yet but am very excited. I have heard it is a great show.

Whitakers is kindly allowing us to use their shop for the show. I talked with Rob at Whitakers today and we agreed around 6:30. That should give plenty of time for the clave to wrap up and people to grab a bite to eat.

Gillie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally I've moved back to Toronto.
Fishing gear (and other useless stuff like furniture, clothes ...) should be here tommorow.
I'd like to drive down for this clave and was wondering if anyone from ON could recommend the best root.
North or South (US side) of The Lake ? I-90 shows up as mostly toll in that area on my map.

I will also not get my car till next week and I'd probably be driving a rental so maybe it would be better to do most of my driving CND side. If the rental Co. will allow me to go State side that is.

Suggestions ?

Thanks

Ivan

·
Registered
562 Posts
Peter,
The ferry is running. Us locals are not entirely sold on the deal. It's very expensive for what it is.It also seems top break down every other week. There was just an article in the local paper that it is not meeting passenger goals. It went bankrupt the first year they did it, I wouldn't be surprised if it does again.

If you are coming from the west I find staying on 90 is much faster than going to 104. 90 can be taken until you meet 81 outside of Syracuse. At that point just head north and get off the pulaski exit.

Gillie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts