Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relisting my minimally used Sage 7136 Z-axis. This rod looks like new. Only with very careful inspection will someone note the very small scuff on the butt section and mild wear on the male end of the ferrules where the sections are put together. Cork has light discoloration. Tube and sock perfect. Warrantee registration card included.

I can send photos upon request.

$575 includes insured shipping to US. I will consider other countries (with an increased fee) but I don't play games with customs. Sorry.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Cat's Meow

This rod is indeed the cat's meow. I would guess that folks don't always appreciate the jack of all trades, master of none. I find it similar, and prefer it, to the Winston BIIx 13'3" 7/8. I think the Winston is a better scandi rod, but the Z-Axis is a better Skagit rod. Some folks will want the Z Axis 8134 for big winter work, but the 7136 will do everything very well.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Z 7136 = Sage's 30:06 rod

This rod is indeed the cat's meow. I would guess that folks don't always appreciate the jack of all trades, master of none. I find it similar, and prefer it, to the Winston BIIx 13'3" 7/8. I think the Winston is a better scandi rod, but the Z-Axis is a better Skagit rod. Some folks will want the Z Axis 8134 for big winter work, but the 7136 will do everything very well.
This rod has put my old Brownie 7136 and Sage 7141 in the closet and probably soon on the market.

I carry it with a Skagit 650 and a spool with the AFS 7/8 head and an assortment of Versi and Spey Versi Leaders for my winter fishing to late Spring for any water and non salmon fish in N California. It is my fly rod of choice with the Skagit 650 for Shad fishing.

My only complaint is that it is too much of a rod in N California for fish smaller than 6 pounds. So I added a Z 6126 for those fish.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not that I do not like this rod, it's that I have 3 other rods with a 7wt designation. Can only fish one at a time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts